HMRC have released a number of ‘how-to guides’ which importers (and exporters) should find useful in preparing for the CDS transition.
As a reminder, HM Revenue and Customs have confirmed that the Customs Declaration Service (CDS) will replace the Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) system from 31st March 2023.
Services on CHIEF will be withdrawn in two stages:
- After 30 September 2022 the ability to make import declarations on CHIEF will end and you must move all your import declarations to CDS.
- After 31 March 2023 the ability to make export declarations on CHIEF and the National Export System (NES) will end and you must move all your export declarations to CDS.
The guides available are listed below:
- How to subscribe to the Customs Declaration Service.
- How to set up a Direct Debit instruction on the Customs Declaration Service (one signature).
- How to set up a Direct Debit instruction on the Customer Declaration Service (multiple signatures).
- How to set up a standing authority on the Customs Declaration Service (one signature).
- How to use the secure file upload service on the Customs Declaration Service.
All of these video guides have been added to our extensive CDS guide, and you can view them all directly HERE.