Multifreight, in conjunction with HMRC, have set up a ‘town hall’ webinar event to help support clients with the movement over to CDS.
It is essential that customers take ownership of their own needs and requirements as this is an important transition. Therefore, we believe that attending this webinar should be considered a key step in this process.
There is no need to register for this event, just click HERE to join via teams at the time.
Moving to the Customs Declaration Service
Thursday 26th May, 14:30pm – 15:30pm
HM Revenue and Customs recently announced that the Customs Declaration Service (CDS) will replace the Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) system from 31st March 2023. Services on CHIEF will be withdrawn in two stages:
- After 30 September 2022 the ability to make import declarations on CHIEF will end and you must move all your import declarations to CDS.
- After 31 March 2023 the ability to make export declarations on CHIEF and the National Export System (NES) will end and you must move all your export declarations to CDS.
If you haven’t already, now is the time to start preparing for how and when you will move across to CDS.
To help you and your business prepare for this change, HMRC are working with MultiFreight and would like to invite you to an overview session. The session will cover:
- The phased withdrawal of CHIEF
- Key steps you need to take to get ready
- Additional support available from HMRC
There will be an opportunity to ask questions during the session, and answers will be provided following the event.
In the meantime, we have created a CDS resource page that collates useful and important links, along with CDS training information, which you can find under the resources dropdown from the top menu.